Tour Amsterdam on the local's favourite mode of transport with a Guided Bike Tour during your hen weekend.
Amsterdam is almost fully equipped with bike paths and there are more than 800,000 bikes in the city, making cycling the best way to discover Amsterdam.
You can stroll along the canals, discover the unmissable places of the city and all its hidden gems, thanks to your superb guide.
So, while it might not be a formal rule, you cannot leave this amazing and picturesque city without discovering by bike with this Guided Bike Tour. Are you ready to cruise through the streets like a real Amsterdammer using the most popular means of transport?
Where does this Guided Bike Tour go?:
Old City Centre - Amsterdam's historic city is one of the largest and best-preserved in Europe. The neighbourhoods of De Wallen, Dam, Spui and Nieuwmarkt are all located in the historical Old City Centre, which was built around the Oude Kerk, Amsterdam's oldest building dating from 1300.
Red Light District - Located in De Wallen, Amsterdam's Red Light District is one of the most known and talked about areas of the city as well as one of the largest and most popular Red Light Districts in the world. From brothels and sex museums to the high concentration of prostitutes and those famous neon-red windows, this is one area that has to be seen. And, with its history almost as old as the city itself, it's one of the city's top tourist attractions
As early as the 15th century and possibly earlier, the first prostitutes arrived to earn a living in the harbour of Amsterdam. The Red Light District is still located in the oldest part of the city and remains the hub of Amsterdam's sex industry.
Jordaan - Jordaan is possibly the most famous neighbourhood in the Netherlands. The narrow canals and streets of the trendy and popular neighbourhood are abuzz with indie boutiques, cosy pubs and hip eateries.
Canal District (part of world heritage site) - Famed for its canals and dubbed, the “Venice of the North-West”, Amsterdam has more than 100km of waterways that interlace its roads and squares. While you won't travel around all 100km of them, you will get the chance to experience Amsterdam’s energetic atmosphere that has been established over the past 400 years during this Guided Bike Tour.
Pass by the Anne Frank House - Generally getting tickets to visit Anne Franks House is almost impossible, 80 percent of tickets are released exactly two months in advance and the remaining 20 percent are released on the day itself at 9am - and they sell ridiculously fast. In saying that, the Ann Frank House is still an incredible part of the world's history and one of Amsterdam's most popular museums. While you might not get inside, stopping by it during this Guided Bike Tour
Vondelpark - Vondelpark is the largest city park in Amsterdam, and certainly the most famous park in the Netherlands. The 47-hectare park attracts 10 million residents, tourist, animals and everyone else in between each year. Along with all the cafes and eateries, Vondelpark is home to a statue of the poet Vondel, the cast iron music dome, Blauwe Theehuis, Café Vertigo, Vondelpark3, De Vondeltuin and the Groot Melkhuis. You'll also find an open-air theatre, which hosts free concerts in the summer and a rose garden with more than 70 types of roses.
Amsterdam South / Museum District - Nestled south of Leidseplein, you'll find Amsterdams's Museum District known as Museumplein. The Rijksmuseum, the Stedelijk Museum of Modern Art and the Van Gogh Museum are the three most well-known and popular museums in the area.
GOOD TO KNOW
Please note that the number of attraction that you visit will depend on your group's pace and bike riding abilities. The guide will adapt the speed of the Guided Bike Tour to suit everyone's abilities, so don't worry no one will ever get left behind. However, this does mean, if your group is slow, you may miss visiting one of the above-mentioned attractions.
If you're undecided and want some more information on a Hen Weekend in Amsterdam, this Guided Bike Tour or any of Maximise's Hen Party Destinations or Activities, you can call our Sales Team on 0208 236 0111.
Alternatively, you can complete an Express Inquiry and receive your free quotes, more information and ideas.
Please note that this Guided Bike Tour does not include the Red Light District. Bikes are not allowed there and the area is generally more suitable for walking.